⚠️ The Call for Talks has officially ended. You can find the final schedule here ⚠️
The Erlang, Elixir & Friends Devroom will take place in person at FOSDEM on Sunday, 5th February 2023.
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient background material to be clear to the BEAM community.
We welcome any talk proposals about BEAM-related projects. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Languages running on the BEAM (Erlang, Elixir, et al.)
- Introduction to the language
- Recent features and roadmap
- Interesting libraries
- Open Source projects that run on the BEAM
- Scalability and reliability
- Community initiatives
For the talk length we will support different slots:
- Long (40 minutes, including Q&A)
- Short (20 minutes, including Q&A)
- Lightning (5 minutes, no Q&A)
Please specify your preferred slot length, but note that we could ask submitters to fit into a different slot for scheduling purposes.
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded. By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk made available.
Submissions must include:
- Title (Event title in Pentabarf)
These additional details must be included in the Submission notes section:
- Desired slot length (please specify if you’re willing to accept a shorter slot if there’s the need)
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to previous talks by the speaker (optional)
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous FOSDEM edition, please reuse it. Create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous year.
When logged in Pentabarf, click on the Create Event button (on the left menu) to create your talk proposal. Before submitting your talk in Pentabarf, please make sure that Erlang, Elixir & Friends Devroom is selected as the Track, and also that the duration is the correct one.
If you have issues with Pentabarf any other questions do not despair! Reach us via email.
- Call for participation opens: 11 November 2022
- Call for participation closes: 12 December 2022
- Devroom schedule available: 15 December 2022
- Devroom day: Sunday, 5 February 2023 (9:00-12:50)